Saturday, November 1, 2008

RocKing ON

all good so far...exam went ok(i hope i havent made silly mistakes)------fingers crossed...
using the experience from the engineering life....made the project proposal in half an hour  ;)

The next day....party.....yeeeeeeeee
well nothing seemed like as if there gonna be a party until six in the evening, when my roomie came and started the arrangements in the house....now i was feeling as if something gonna happen
All starting to get ready...I was made to wear a saree...off-white and it was beautiful!
The food was delicious(menu-chole,paneer,aloo gobhi,mixed veg,raita,poori,rice,kheer,papad)
quite a number and it was so tasty that the host i.e. me and my roomie had hardly anything left for eating. 40 people for a party is quite a number. 
The pooja went good and so did the gathering. It felt different that day. Would not say I felt home but it was some strange kind of feeling. I was missing India so much. Never did I imagine that am going to miss it so much. 

Anyways, all went well. The music arrangement was good but noone was willing to dance. Finally just a few of us were left who tried dancing. Must say dancing wearing a saree is more than a job.
All in all it was fun. The guys told their experience of boozing, what happened when they had liquor for the first time. And I was just listening, sitting in a corner on my lappie. 

Everyone except we two had left at around 5 in the morning. All tired and exhausted. Then I slept even late around 7 talking to someone online. Seeing the diwali snaps and uploading them here and there :)

It was a different experience for me for we were the host. And now I know what responsibility a host has. So am pretty much prepared to be a host in future too :)

2 comments:

Manish said...

be ready for hosting unexpected...[:P]

Garima said...

sure i will be :)